Friday, October 3, 2008

Camera Buying Advice?

Does anyone have good digital camera buying advice for me? I tried Overstock.com last time and I hate my camera (a Kodak EasyShare). The price was good, but it was a factory reconditioned one and either the original design stinks or it wasn't fixed up well enough. So, I am fantasizing about a new one, nothing fancy...just want it to turn on when it's supposed to (i.e. not when it gets bumped in the case, thus sucking the batteries dry). I know, I ask for a lot, huh?

So, if anyone has a great source for solid digital cameras at a good price, I'd love to hear about it! Thanks! Kristin

3 comments:

andrea said...

Kristin--I unfortunately don't know where to get a screaming deal on a camera, but have you heard of cnet.com? They do reviews of electronic products, and I've had luck when I've followed their advice on camcorders, tv's, etc.

Here's a review of their top five digital cameras. (Most of them cost a fortune, but there are a couple that are more affordable and other links on the side you might want to explore.)

http://reviews.cnet.com/best-digital-cameras/?tag=contentAux;topProducts

Good luck!

Ashli said...

We have three digital cameras. Our first two were the Sony Cybershots. We loved them, and they took great pictures (the cost was pretty good at Walmart). We just purchased another Sony Cybershot from BestBuy. I love that place! We buy the extended warranties on the stuff from them, and they fix anything without any hassles. The new camera is a larger one (DSC-H50), and takes awesome pictures. We bought it for our trip to Alaska this summer. It takes great videos too. The price is still reasonable, and the zoom is fantastic.

Anonymous said...

try ubid.com